Monday, January 31, 2011

January...done!


I do a little happy dance when January is over.  It just seems like THE looooongest month!  Although, this winter thing is definitely growing on me.  Sure, it's cold and gray pretty often, but it's fun to play in the snow and I've even driven more than I have in years past.  Yay me!

This month we had a few fun trips.  One overnight to Seattle where we got to stay downtown at the Hotel Monaco.  4 stars for $75, thank you Priceline!  Oh how I love a nice hotel.  I'm such a sucker for the fancy soaps and comfy beds.  We also got to spend a few days in Portland.  Once again, Oregon does not disappoint.  Our hotel had an INDOOR pool - this is exciting to me, maybe because in California this is an anomaly.  A pool housed with a roof and walls?  Who knew...

I got to introduced to this wonderful piece of machinery:



Coffee and tea packaged in these tiny round containers, add a little water and voila!  A little bit of tasty for one!

So, all that to say January isn't as bleak as she once was, but I certainly welcome the shorter February and then straight on til March!!

Til then we'll eat a little more snow...


and make a few more angels...



 See ya next year January!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pics and your post! I'll take a little snow :)