Thursday, November 29, 2007

Snow Day!



If I were a kid, this would be a great day...no school, snowball fights, hot cocoa. This is definitely not the world or weather I grew up in. Novembers are still mild and could see 80...today the high is 32, FREEZING!!! This will be all my daughter knows though, this will be her winter, and although it is totally opposite to my childhood, I am excited for her. Last night our neighbors were out making snowmen and having snowball fights. Unlike my LA upbringing, this really does feel like Christmastime. In time I will learn to live in it (and like it!) - the shoveling, the driving, etc, but for now I'll just stay home and bask in the beauty of it all.

5 comments:

Hucks in the Hood said...

Yeah, we hardly got any, and the kids were let down - had to go to school today - but there's still hope for the future! I know, can't fully take the California out of us!!! I enjoy it though! Love you!

Happy Hollie said...

I'm in my flannel pj's right now. I miss you sweet friend.

Tami said...

Seeing that picture makes me wish it would feel more like Christmas down here in Texas. It's a nice 74 degrees here today! :) I miss what little snow we had during my time in Tennessee! Stay warm, drink lots of hot chocolate, and snuggle up with that precious baby! :)

Shannon H. said...

Brrrrrr! I LOVE snowy Christmases!

When you are ready to warm up a bit come here for a visit!!!

I need to squeeze that little girl.

Leigh Purtill said...

That snow looks like so much fun - but you can keep it! Glad you're enjoying your first real winter. It will be great to see thru the baby's eyes!