Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preschool








I took my Livi to preschool today.  These are the days you think about as a new mommy but they seem so far off.  It was bittersweet...so happy and excited for this new adventure in her life but a little sad to see her grow.  I held it together until Brian showed up and got tears in his eyes...nothin' like seeing a grown man cry!  We stayed with her until she sat on her circle spot and the "Good morning song" started, we made our exit and I choked up some more.  I watched her through the window while they did the Pledge of Allegiance and my heart melted.   My girl is growing so fast, seriously where does the time go?  The days can seem so long as a stay at home mom but the years really do seem short.  I picked her up, she had a big smile and she is excited to go back on Thursday.  I am looking forward to a fun year for her (and me...)!!

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

SO cute! I say that too, days are long but the years are short. It's so true. Glad she had a great first day!!