Monday, December 8, 2008

Cutting our Christmas Tree

Yesterday Brian, Livi and I drove about an hour away from home to cut down our Christmas tree. This city girl was out of the city for sure! The drive was so beautiful and when we finally (and I mean FINALLY, but that's another story for another blog entry) found our spot it was super fun!!


You must obtain a permit to cut a tree. Only five bucks...not too shabby for a whole tree! Take that Home Depot!



This was a waterfall we stumbled upon...amazing!



Yeah this is pretty much heaven on earth for my husband...he LOVES the great outdoors!!



Self portrait




Yes they were THAT big. I was in awe!



Livi lookin' for pine cones. That was her favorite part and I just had to keep them out of her mouth. Didn't want her ingesting any deer poop before dinner.





My hunky lumberjack. After searching and searching we found her and got 'er done! Ok I've been in the woods a little too long...



Well, really we rescued her. She looked fuller amongst the other trees but we'll spruce her up! It's all about the experience right?



One more of our drive home. A great day and a family tradition started. Really, there are perks to not living in the big city...after days like today I believe it.

2 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Those were great!!!! I want to see the completed pics..love you!

Shannon said...

Clark Griswold....paging Clark Griswold!!! BTW, Charlie Brown called and wants his tree back!:) Aunt Shannie LOVES Livi in her cool boots!! xoxoxo