Friday, August 21, 2009

Kim


This has been an extremely hard week. Death is never easy, especially losing someone so close to me...I think I'm all cried out. Monday night, my mom's best friend, who's been like another mom to me, lost her battle with pancreatic cancer.

Ask anyone who knew her, Kim was a godly, vibrant, beautiful and compassionate woman. She lit up a room with her smile, her elegance and all six feet of her commanded your attention. I will miss her so much.
My heart goes out to her family - her husband Bruno, daughter Nicole and son Jean Paul and their families. They have watched her suffer over the years and were all surrounding her when she breathed her last. They have such a strong bond as a family and have shown amazing strength, I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Next week, we'll fly down to LA to celebrate her in life and in death, as we rejoice knowing she is in Heaven with her Savior, a place she always longed to be...we will see her again! Even with that promise, life here without her will never be the same. I will miss her smile, feeling her warm hugs, smelling her perfume (her signature scent), hearing her laugh and that funny whistle that every kid cracked up at. I'll miss our long talks on the phone, her wise counsel and her genorosity. She always thought of others first and that was so evident in her words especially - when you received a card or letter from Kim it was a gift in itself because you knew you were getting something so special that was carefully thought out and meaningful. Words were her love language and she spoke right to your heart.

Kim, you have left a lasting impression on this earth. I will never forget the ways you loved me and my family. I promise to care for your loved ones as much as I can and I look forward to the day I see your smiling face again. I love you so much.

5 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh Jenny!! I was just thinking about her earlier this week... I am so very, very sorry for your loss and for her family. Oh man! I am so glad that God gave her so many "extra" days on earth for all of your sakes. I will totally be praying for all of you!!

Unknown said...

Oh Jenny bird (tears) that was so beautiful. Thank you for writing sucha lovely tribute to mom. We can't wait to see you, travel safe~

Abby and Andrew said...

Jenny...I am so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful tribute to Kim and her life as well as her love for the Lord. I will be praying for you and her family as you all gather to remember her life this week. Have a safe flight with the girls and I pray you have a week of sweet fellowship!

Julie D. said...

what a beautiful picture, jenny. definitely one to cherish. So sorry for your loss. praying for you.

Sandy said...

Great picture of you and Kim. She was a very amazing woman, even though I was only around her a few times she made a lasting impresssion. I remember the first time I met her at your mom and dad's house, she made me feel like I was the most important person in the room. What a gift she had, I wish I had known her better! So sorry for your loss here on earth. Heaven just became more precious!! Much love to you, your family and Kim's family!!!