Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mom and Dad

Last week my parents visited from So Cal!  My mom gets up here quite often (thank you Virgin America!) but to have my dad here is always super special.  The last time he came up was a year ago for my ultra sound and he had only spent a handful of days with Malory, they quickly bonded.



They have had quite a year, my mom and dad.  As some of you know, my dad is in the auto industry, which was hit (pummeled paints the picture more accurately) hard by the dark cloud known as the "economy".  They took it in stride though, almost lost their home, but trusted God, all they could, along the way.  It was (and is) a tough road to walk with them, I couldn't imagine working as hard as they have the past 35 years and barely keeping their heads above water.  I admire their perseverance and their unwavering faith during this trial...please pray for them if you remember as a lot of questions still remain!

My mom and dad are wonderful parents and even better grandparents...here's some proof:







1 comment:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh how much I love your parents Jenny!! They just rock! Will continue to pray for them - they deserve everything wonderful in life!