Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Road Trip!

Weekend before last we packed up ALL our gear and took a road trip to Eastern Washington with Brian's parents. Our purpose was twofold - to see Brian's grandparents and to meet up with my friends Melinda and Jason. They were going to Washington State, their alma mater, to watch the Cougs play UCLA (and they won! Go Cougs!). We had a great time seeing family and friends. Olivia is a great little traveler. She slept most of the 3 1/2 hour car ride and woke up to eat once. Sorry, no pics of me feeding in the wheat fields of La Crosse, Wa (mom in laws home town!). Let's just say that wouldn't be happening on the side of the 405 or the 101...gotta love being in the middle of nowhere.

We had so much fun with Grandpa Ray and Grandma Jean - Olivia has 5 great grandparents still living (4 of those being Brian's...unbelieveable!). I'm so happy about that. And seeing my childhood friend hold my baby girl was pretty special too! I miss you Melinda! Attached is a way cool pic of them at the game! Beth you need one of these, come visit soon!

1 comment:

michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I didn't know that you had a baby!!! It sounds like you are having a good time. I have to say that I am partial to little girls, seeing that God has blessed us with two sweet little ones! Enjoy her and kiss her as often as you can! I love her name - Olivia Mae - so sweet! Don't read too many books, just listen to your baby and get advise from the people who you respect.
Love,
Michelle Castro