Thursday, November 1, 2007

Smiles and Halloween!






Olivia started smiling at us this week...it just melted my heart! I was feeling kinda home sick on Monday, missing all you family and friends, but that first smile certainly turned that around. It's amazing how you can be having one of those days and suddenly a smile from your child changes everything. Can anyone relate...c'mon indulge the first time mom!

We had fun last night passing out candy to the neighborhood! The last minute in me ran out yesterday and found that onesie..1.99! Sometimes it pays to procastinate.

I feel like I am adjusting more to motherhood these days. It's amazing how your body just learns to live on less sleep and you suddenly grow more hands to multi task with. We went out yesterday and ran several errands - Macy's, Old Navy, etc. Like mother like daughter, Olivia's a good little shopper (well, it helped that she slept all 3 hours we were gone!).

Fall is in full swing here. This Californian is just in awe of the beauty all around me. It's my favorite time of year - the crisp air, the colorful leaves, and the chilly nights! This is Washington at its best. I love living the different seasons...remind me of that in the dead of winter, ok?

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

isn't the fall great? I was in LA last week and I walked out of the airport into the hot air and thought, "Gross!" Its fall for crying out loud. So love my seasons and cozy weather now!! Crisp air and beautiful colors. Its the best. I appreciate it more and more every year I'm here.