Friday, December 28, 2007

Parent's Visit, Olivia's First Christmas and a Major Haircut!




My parents arrived at Sea Tac on Sunday, it was a great reunion! Brian, Olivia and I drove over Snoqualmie Pass (that's I-90, the major east and west interstate that we drive to get to Seattle) there was lots of snow (and a nervous Californian in the back seat!) on our ride, it was a beautiful winter wonderland! We arrived at the airport just in time to greet them as they came down the escalator. Of course, my mom went straight to the stroller and grabbed her grand girl! I got a little less attention this time. It was an emotional and happy reunion - it's only been a couple of months since we've seen them but Olivia has grown and changed so much and they miss her like crazy!

I was a little nervous not knowing how my mom and dad would react to the snow since they haven't seen it in over 20 years. They absolutely loved it! They were in awe of the trees and mountains and we drove by the ski resort and saw people skiing and snowboarding. We stopped at our favorite coffee spot, Pioneer Coffee Co and my dad was hilarious, thrwoing snow balls and just standing there taking it all in. It really made me happy to see them enjoying it! We've enjoyed having them here all week!

Olivia's first Christmas was fun. She wore the cutest Christmas dress! I have lots of pics which I will post later because Brian loaded them on his parents computer! My mom in law made an awesome dinner (great job Deb!) and it was so wonderful seeing how well our families blend together. Highlights were getting a DVD camcorder from Brian's parents and getting a digital camera from Brian! Yay! I also got snow boots - my mom asked if I ever thought I'd be receiving those for Christmas. Ha! Olivia got lots of clothes, she is a growing girl (size 6-12 months already!) and a few toys from her papa. But her favorite toy this year was the Old Navy wrap - half bag, half wrapping paper. Go figure! She stares at it all day. Note to self, for the first few years babies enjoy the wrapping and the boxes instead of what is actually inside.

Last but not least, yesterday I chopped 5 inches off of my hair - call me crazy, but it was time! I found a new salon in town that's a little hipper for this LA girl and funky stylist that did a great job! Not as good as you Sarah, but she'll have to do - miss ya! Brian took before's and after's. Yesterday I told my friend Tricia that I was starting to feel like a "What Not to Wear" new mom candidate. LOL! Funny how your priorities change - ponytail to the rescue! It's a fun cut and gave me a little boost that I needed.



Hope you all had a great Christmas. If I don't get to post before 1/1 Happy 2008! We hope to make a trip down South soon!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, she is the cutest niece anyone could hope for!! I am so looking forward to your January visit! Book it soon or I will for you:) I am glad you had a good time with your parent's! I love you...stay warm:)

J

Tami said...

Sounds like you had a great first Christmas with Olivia! I can totally relate to your parents going straight for the stroller in the airport! Our parents are the same way...after a couple minutes of loving on Addison they get around to saying Hi to us! We're lucky to have such loved little ones.

Oh, and I love the haircut! Very cute!

michelle said...

Jenny you are too funny! Major haircut! I was expecting bald by the build-up! Five inches . . .that's nothin' - come on go for it - chop it all! Just kidding - you look adorable, of course! Live by my motto - it's just hair - if you hate it it will grow back!
My cousin used to laugh at us because we would never say hi to her, but run right for the kids (thankfully they had twins) - once Danny had Alyssa he totally understood what she was saying!
Hope to see you when and if you get down to So. Cal! Would love to see that little girl.
Stay warm!
Michelle

Billy and Yooli said...

You look fantastic!! - Parentals look great and Olivia is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Happy Hollie said...

i absolutley love the new hair do!