Saturday, September 29, 2007

Olivia Mae McCown - September, 24, 2007





Olivia is here! Although I'm exhausted and have all kinds of interesting things happening to my body, I can't stop smiling. Brian and I are so thankful to have this healthy and happy beautiful girl. She is five days old and is already changing! I find myself just staring at her and studying her every detail. She is the image of her dad who has already embraced his new role with such ease! Even the messy diapers and middle of the night wake up calls (thank goodness for DVRs and NBCs premiere week - Olivia's already a fan of The Office!).

We have transitioned pretty easily, thanks to the help and support of our parents and our neighbor Jill who has provided all of our yummy meals this week! We're looking forward to upcoming visits - Aunt Jen from California and Aunt Shannon from Florida!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, calls, emails, flowers and visits. It's hard that most of you are far away so we'll do our best to update with lots of pictures and stories of her growth!

Ok...off to sleep while I can!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yes, you get as much sleep as you can. She is beautiful! CONGRATS!

Shannon H. said...

oh - those cheeks! she is a beauty - congratulations to you both.