Friday, February 29, 2008

Seattle

I couldn't think of a creative title for this entry! Me and my titles...must be the former tv job in me. On Thursday we took a day trip over to the westside. Have you been to Seattle when the sun is shining? It truly is one of the most beautiful cities. This day delivered...not a cloud in sight! We were going to visit Brian's buddy Brandon who was hospitalized on Tuesday. They thought it was his appendix turned out to be something else, but he was released yesterday and is doing better! Our first stop before Seattle Grace, I mean Overlake Bellevue hospital (he he, don't think I wasn't lookin' for the McDoctors!) was Whole Foods to get Brandon a couple things. Good thing Brian was rushing me because I think I could've spent hours there walking the aisles buying up all the -ICs. OrganIC, Low-GlycimIC, HolisitIC - we Americans can be so easily swayed...package it pretty and slap an IC on it, sold for dollars more than the generics! I'm lumping myself into this group by the way.

After those two places we planned to meet our sister Mollie (Hi Mollie!) at Bellevue Square. No trip to Seattle is complete for me without a good restaurant and some shopping. Mollie met us at Sephora since I had a giftcard there. We talked and shopped around, then all of the sudden Brian with a panicked look on his face comes barreling around the corner to tell me that they're evacuating the mall and to HURRY! I put my stuff down and left the store, people were mass exiting the mall really fast. Lights were flashing and this automated voice was telling us "an emergency has been reported and to please exit the mall". How crazy is that!? We still don't know why we were evacuated and I was really bummed because I had some Sephora stuff to buy!

We ended our day at CPK and a final visit to Brandon. We drove back, still not a raindrop dropped and were thankful for our eventful day in the city!

No comments: