Saturday, February 21, 2009

Woo Hoo...WALMART!

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a Wal-Mart shopper. And I'm downright giddy that they'll be in my neck of the woods! In my former city girl life, I absolutely loathed the mega chain and turned my nose up at its big box reputation, but who am I kidding now? As a mom and a now saavy-er consumer I do notice that their prices are pretty rock bottom. Everything from baby stuff to groceries to household fixtures pretty much trounce their competitors. My neighbor recently filled her optical Rx there and said her experience was more than pleasant. She had to go back the next day to request another kind of contact lens and they gladly exchanged the two.

So to all you nay sayers of Wal Mart, I say shame shame! They're mainly all-American and employ more than 2 million workers. Of course I'll still support my local mom-and-pops, but sometimes you can't always get what you want at these places and with such low prices. So get ready Yakima, here comes another Wal-Mart!

4 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! I'm glad you are enjoying WalMart. I must however point out that if you ever, ever had to do business with them and deal with their shenanagans than you would have a death wish out for them! (I'm not bitter...) HAHAHAHA

The Parsons' blog said...

Oh WalMart...sometimes when I walk in there I feel like it just grows a different breed of shoppers. But I agree, they have low prices ;) And if they ever got one here in F.H. I'd be there everyday, I'll admit it.

Tami said...

Fellow Walmart shopper here! Life in a small town requires weekly (sometimes daily) trips to Walmart. For awhile Addison used to tell people she lived in the Boerne Walmart. :)

Unknown said...

I'll admit I'm a nay-sayer of Walmart, but watch the Walmart movie, you may understand why. Im a student paying for my own college, but I've stopped shopping there. Their business practices are horrible, as is their care (lack of) for the environment. Plus, they practically use slave labor in China. Just thought I'd post, cause trust me, their cheap prices come at a price. :(