Thursday, March 5, 2009

1, 2....



Well, some of the day did look like that but there were some bright spots, gotta focus on the positive right!? First would be an always eventful trip to Target where I bought Liv the cutest Converse tennies (in pink, of course). They weren't a splurge, honestly. I've been scouring this small town for shoes for her, how come no one warned me of a toddler's rapidly growing feet. After much searching, these were the ones. She looks like such a big girl in them, I can't stand it!! Oh and we also picked up a Dora potty seat to begin potty training, more on that in a later blog. Wish me luck!!

But the funniest part of the day, for me anyway happened later on at home. Liv and I have a little laundry system devised where she always helps me load/unload the washer and the dryer (and the dishwasher, I have her trained early!) - we have front loaders. Anyway, once the clothes are dry I pile them on my bed to put away. With her clothes I count how many clothes need hangers and go get them from her closet, so out loud I start counting, "1...", next thing I know I hear "2...". I couldn't believe it, I was cracking up!! Must be all that Sesame Street or Blues Clues watching, or maybe that counting method we use when we want her to come to us or do something. Great we're in trouble now!!

Anyway, thanks for indulging the new mom. Gotta document the milestones ya know...be them large or small!

2 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Every girl needs a pair of pink converse! Good for Liv learning to count. I remember when Stella was that age she was watching Sesame Street and she counted all the way to 10 with Big Bird and I had NO idea she could do it. So hey, TV isn't all bad ;)

Cherie Baker Vann said...

I love it when you share moments like this!!! And I agree with Sara, every girl needs some pink converses!! :) Makes me want to go buy a pair so I can be like Livi when I grow up!