Monday, April 27, 2009

32 Weeks

I rarely blog a blog, is that a real saying, I think I just made it up...anyway, I don't know why I feel the need to blog a blog with pictures everytime. I haven't taken many since we got home from the fun and sick filled Florida adventure, so I guess my words will have to do. After all, I don't want all my bloggy friends to forget about me.

Today marks 32 weeks of pregnancy. I can't believe it, it really has flown by faster than I ever thought. Even the days of being a stay at home mom that sometimes feel like the longest ones ever, it seems like I blink and weeks and months have passed. In some ways I feel a little sad because I am so busy keeping up with my very active toddler that I've forgotten to remember all the milestones of this pregnancy. I mean I've stopped and felt her kick and all of that but remembering how my last pregnancy was when I just soaked up every kick, hiccup, and called my mom or just reveled in the fact that I was pregnant...this time is just not about that. I know she won't be loved any less but really is there anytime more precious than that with your one and only baby. My friends keep telling me that I will understand when #2 comes along, your heart just splits in two...but, like everything else in this journey of motherhood, no one can tell you, you just have to experience it for yourself. I get it. I can't wait to meet this little precious girl! My friend Melanie recently reminded me to take lots of video with this one because memories might be blurry this time around! I have to admit the idea of juggling two does make my head spin a little, and has kept me awake a few nights. Nothing like Motherhood to make you stronger, right? That I know for sure!

I think June will be here before I know it. I have not done a single thing to prepare. With Olivia, I think the room was ready months ahead of time, all the clothes and blankets washed...everything shiny and new. I'll get there, go down to the basement, unpack the bins, dust off the infant car seat and I'm sure I won't be able to go without a few new things, afterall, she is going to be born in a different season (any excuse to shop right?)!

Thanks for reading...I appreciate all of your encouragement and prayers as we enter this new chapter of our family's life. Lots more to come I'm sure!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh my friend I can't wait to see her sweet little face and I get wait to fly out there to meet her!! Glad you're feeling good and everyone is healthy! Miss you! xoxo Andrea

Cherie Baker Vann said...

love it Jenny, I'm so happy for you - and yes, it's flow by (for me, you being pregnant) hahahaha

The Parsons' blog said...

I got a little teary reading this. I remember having Jonah and going through tough feelings. I loved him yes, but at the same time I looked at Stella and my heart hurt because it wasn't just her and mom at home anymore. And then when I would kiss her face it was huge...I have to say going from one to two was the biggest change, but any after that was just another baby - J/K...kinda ;) No but really, it's OK to have those feelings and it's true, your heart will overflow with love for this new little one and you'll wonder how you ever lived without her. Just be prepared for everything to take a little longer, getting two ready to go somewhere means double the time! :)

Sandy said...

Boy, do I remember those feelings!! I remember being jealous for Robert when I was pregnant with Sammie. I would say to my tummy, "You better be nice to Robert!" I just could not imagine that I could love any child as much as I was already loving Robert. But then it happened, Sammie was born and my heart grew with more love then I ever thought possible. Olivia will always have that very special place because she was your first born the one that made made an everyday event a moment with just the two of you. You are starting a new adventure and life will change into a moment were you can't imagine you didn't alway have both your sweet girls. It's totally a miracle how life changes and then you think it has been this way all along. I can't wait to meet your new little one when she arrives. Love you Jenny!!!