Friday, January 25, 2008

Blogging Withdrawls....and RAIN!!!

Hola from rainy So Cal! I usually laugh at the weather reports here and all the "Storm Watches", but this week they're deserved. It's POURING!!! Last week I basked in the beauty of the 70 plus temps in January. Olivia and I got outside a lot on those days and just smiled as the sun shined down on us! But since Wednesday the skies have opened up and it has not stopped dumping! They gave this stat on Good Day LA this morning:

Total Rainfall since Jan.
L.A 3.86"
Seattle 3.25"

I laughed. Who sang it never rains in Southern California...blame it on Global Warming, or Climate changes, or whatever they're calling that these days.

I haven't posted anything since we arrived here. We have had such a fun time seeing our family and friends. Highlights have been, Olivia meeting everyone from cousins, to great grandparents, aunts and uncles, and her mama's friends and their kids, many meals at restaurants I miss, shopping, a visit to my old work, a first photo shoot, church at Copperhill, Liv turning 4 months old and her first meal of Rice Cereal (which she LOVED!). I have many pictures to post which I will when we get home (didn't bring my connector or card reader!).

Lastly, we get to stay until next Saturday...thank you Brian!! We had a one way ticket down - I think that freaked my husband out a little, especially when he saw the amount I was packing. I have joked with him that I'll be back when Winter ends (Yakima's low last night was 4!) but this rain is making me miss the snow a little! At least it doesn't get you soaking wet. We miss him and home a lot but are enjoying our time with everyone here. Even though the rain is a pain we're making the best of it and "soaking up" every minute we have. Tonight, will be my first night out with my girls Hollie, Trish and hopefully Jen to Mexicali in Studio City, one of my all time faves! Next week we hope to make more visits with friends and hit the Grove! It's been so fun seeing some of you and catching up in person instead of on blogs. We love LA, rain or shine!

6 comments:

Hucks in the Hood said...

I think you brought the rain with you! Oh, saying all those places is making me a bit homesick for LA as well... and that doesn't happen too much!!!

Happy Hollie said...

I love you! I had so much fun last night. Check out my blog! When can we do it again?

Julie D. said...

...we love it! (tune of 'i love la'...):)

Tami said...

Sorry you're having rainy weather in Cali! I guess you brought it with you from WA. At least you're getting plenty of time to show off that pretty girl of yours! I'm glad you're having fun at home! I remember Addison's first cereal. I'm learning that it just gets messier and messier! Fun! :)

Wendy Penberthy said...

Hey Jenny!! Thanks for your post! It is hard travelling a long distance with three kids, but I'm so used to it. Don't feel so bad, I was really scared when I just had Ty, it's intimidating to do it! Hey, I need your blog address because I had to start over and I don't have yours memorized. Send me a message when you can so I can put you up on my blog. I tried too, but it's wrong, I'm so dumb! I hope you had fun in Cali!! Talk to you soon... Love, wendy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! I am actually trying to look at my computer a few times a week! I just love you so much and I am so thankful for your friendship. I loved hanging with you! Sweet Olivia is lucky to have you as her mommy. Talk to you later! Trish